Tuesday, August 29, 2006

New superlegs

Well, Friday saw us back at Sydney Children's getting new superlegs. We were 45 - yes, f.o.r.t.y.f.i.v.e. minutes late as just as I was leaving to pick Oscar up, Jasper did a massive poo everywhere, requiring an entire change of clothes and carpet cleaning. While I was doing the latter, he got in to a cupboard (that I'd left open) and cut his finger on a broken dish. Blood everywhere, including all over me, requiring me to change as well. Five strips of sensitive band-aid fabric later (he cut his sucking thumb) will blood seeping and him trying to pull it off with his two tiny teeth, we went to collect Oscar.
I go to the office, sign him out, go to his room, get into a conversation with his teacher (who I believe was probably beginning to think I didn't exist) and it dawns on me, oscar isn't in the room. Of course not, he's at gym for sport - on the other side of Narrabeen. I fly out of the school, throw Jasper into his seat, fang-it to the gym and get Oscar just as they're getting on the bus to go back to school.
Hence 45 minutes late.
Don't worry, we were suitably punished.
We were there for 2.5 hours.
There were lots of fitting, cutting back, heating and remoulding, fitting and heating and remoulding some more.
It was painful for all of us (by this point Jasper had chewed off all the bandaids and was just bleeding on every surface he touched, which, when you're a baby confined to a small room, is a LOT).
Anyway, whizz bang new superlegs are here and back on the legs of our super little man.

2 Comments:

At 1:53 pm, Blogger MsCellania said...

I LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT when Ryan gets his new brace in every 9 months or so. It never seems to be off, but when the new one comes in, wow what a difference in his gait and abilities.

I think that 1/1 aid is making all the difference in Oscar's day, Kim. And it's lovely to see that his mates at school are interacting with him. I howled with tears of joy the first time youngest was referred to as someone's 'friend' at school. Sobbed. Hiccupping sobs.

 
At 1:54 pm, Blogger MsCellania said...

Oh, sorry about J's blowout and then injury. Why is it always thus?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home